Tony Swartz is an experienced lawyer in Washington State with a focus on DUI defense and various civil issues. He has handled, most from start to finish, nearly an estimated 10,000 criminal cases. He has dealt with various types of civil cases, including administrative law hearings, Superior Court cases, District Court cases, and more. He has advised clients in transactional matters spanning topics such as estate planning matters, business law, nonprofit issues, and property law (including many landlord/tenant disputes).
Tony has extensive experience in criminal misdemeanor cases, including driving under the influence cases within Washington State. As the former prosecutor for various municipalities, including City of Ellensburg, as well as his experience as a former Deputy Prosecutor with Kittitas County, he maintains excellent working relationships with all required parties within your DUI case. He has handled over 1,000 DUI cases from start to finish, including many all the way to jury trial. It is important that you hire an attorney who has knowledge about the local court system. Tony offers flat fee payments so you know exactly how much you will end up paying for attorney fees, he also offers services in Cle Elum and Yakima. He is available to assist you with:
- DUI defense
- Department of Licensing hearings, license revocation and suspension issues, etc.
- Physical Control defense
- Other alcohol related charges such as minor driving after consuming alcohol cases, minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) defense, and other related charges
- Domestic violence defense, including protection order or restraining order hearings
When our family needed the help of an attorney for a unique [criminal case] situation, several friends that work in various aspects of the court system recommended we contact Tony Swartz. After our initial consultation, Tony agreed to take our case. He researched similar cases, case histories, went over evidence, met with the prosecuter's office, and came up with several different options for us to choose from. He met with us and explained all of our options, explained what the consequences of each could be, and helped us choose the best option for us. He made what started out as an extremely stressful situation, change into a workable one. If you are ever in need of a hard working, trustworthy lawyer who will take the time to get the best possible outcome for you, I would highly recommend Tony Swartz.
Tony was great to deal with when I got a DUI. He was able to work with the prosecutor to get my charge reduced so I did not have any jail time or revoked license. I was very happy with his service - he texted all the time, I felt in the loop, and I could always reach out with questions. He was the best I've worked with.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) and corporation formation, incorporation, dissolution and termination
- Partnership agreements
- Employment contracts and other employee issues
- Non-compete, non-disclosure, etc. agreements and covenants
- Small business purchase and sales
- Contract drafting, modification, and disputes
- Other small business related legal issues
Absolutely [the] best experience with Tony Swartz. He quoted me a number and there were no hidden fees. Business wise, he knows what he's doing - very helpful.
- 501(c)(3) documents and formations
- Washington charity law issues
- Charters, bylaws, etc.
- Employee and board issues (non-disclosures, confidentiality agreements, etc.)
- Dissolution of nonprofit
- For a prepaid annual package of consulting services and legal services, please visit Tony Swartz's new nonprofit law project: Nonprofit Shield
Tony Swartz formed our nonprofit and quickly completed our 501(c)(3) application. He was efficient and easy to contact with questions. He kept us updated on the process throughout.
- Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- Mobile Home Landlord Tenant Act
- Commercial landlord tenant issues
- Landlord remedies for breach of contract / breach of lease
- Landlord remedies for eviction and removal of tenants
- Lease / tenancy contract drafting, modification, and disputes
Thanks for the assistance with my eviction/unlawful detainer case. All went as planned.
- Washington State liquor license applications and issues
- Contested administrative infractions, administrative violation notices, and other hearings for Washington Liquor and Cannabis Control
- Other alcohol law related issues
Last year my business had a run in with our local Liquor Control officer. Quick to act Tony diffused the situation and had my ticket greatly reduced and best of all I haven't seen the officer since. I would recommend Tony for any of the legal needs. He is organized, speaks softly but carries a big stick.
- Power of attorney (financial, health care)
- Health care directive and end of life planning
My husband and I hired Tony to write our will. We are relatively young, but as business owners we wanted a plan in place in case something unexpected happened to one or both of us. He was very good at analyzing our situation and providing guidance as to what we should do. It was very affordable, too.
- Various other civil law areas, including civil law, small claims consulting and debt collection representation
Tony assisted me, as a real estate agent, with some contract language we were struggling with. His assistance helped close the sale with effective but fair wording, combined with useful strategic planning that we used in our negotiation with the other party.
If you are looking for help, this guy is your man!! I had a small civil matter I needed help with. From the moment I met him, I could tell he could get to the bottom of anything. He has a great head on his shoulder and was very knowledgeable. He was respectful of my time and always provided a response as we moved through the list of questions I had for him. I can't recommend him enough!